[Nottingham] Mandrake wireless networking

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Thu Apr 1 01:17:26 BST 2004

 >> A:  The most annoying thing on usenet.
 >> Q:  What's top-posting?
 >>
 >> - Newsnet post

Guess you must be stuck on LokOut XPres...

Bob Winter wrote:
> Almost every other feature of 9.2. DVD recognition, automount. USB........

Works fine here. Works very well even. DVD no problems other than my
drive's firmware doesn't support the full set of EIDE commands (only a
problem for audio CDs). Automount has been faultless. Don't use
supermount here. Shifted TBytes of data over the USB2, and a lot over
USB1.1...

YMMV?

If you're going to do a clean install, then Mandrake 9.2.1 will save you
quite a few updates. Mandrake 10 with the 2.6.n kernel is getting good
reports... (includes ACPI for laptops...)

Have fun,

martin at ml1.co.uk