[Nottingham] tftpd service request logging

James Green jkg at earth.li
Mon Apr 5 11:22:37 BST 2004

On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 12:40:35AM +0100, Martin wrote:

> For security, you should look at sftp (ssh). Note that ftp sends the
> user id and password in plain text, so it is good for anonymous serving
> only.

As far as I'm aware, tftp doesn't support username/password
authentication - it is, after all, the _trivial_ file transfer
protocol...

tftp is generally used for booting diskless clients and stuff, as
someone already noted; I'd be impressed by a machine that could netboot
via sftp. :-)

Cheers,
James.
--
Gratitude and treachery are merely the two extremities of the same procession.
You have seen all of it that is worth staying for when the band and the gaudy