[Nottingham] Mandrake 10 and wireless

Bob Winter bob.winter at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Apr 20 18:49:46 BST 2004

I have a bizarre problem and would appreciate any help!

I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro 4600 and until the weekend ran Mandrake
9.2 on it with relatively few problems WinModem excluded but including
wireless network.

I have now "upgraded" to Mdk 10 and my wireless card (integral), said to
be Prism2

Intersil PRISM2
Intel
82815 815 Chipset
Module: intel-agp
MAC 00:02:2d:12:4b:cf

agpgart

As reported by Mdk Control centre only works on alternate boots.

Consecutively I get new device detected and have to run through the
configuration, or device detected and ditto. Any ideas appreciated as
it's beginning to irritate.

Bob Winter