[Nottingham] Dual Boot setup

Josh Lock incandescant at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 15:00:51 BST 2004

Hi Dave,

 someone started me playing with Linux and I like it.  Not only in
itself, but I like this whole 'Free' bussiness (I might even get
myself a mozzila mug to drink tea from).  I'd like to start using it
more but can't afford to mess up what I have working at the moment
(i.e. windows :-( ).

Welcome to our world :)

> will this work?

Verily yes it will!
You could just have Linux on one disc and windows on the other and
access your windows files from the Linux OS.
Or have Linux on your 2nd disk, with a spare FAT32 partition for files.
As a full install of Linux (EVERYTHING on all 5 discs) only takes ~4
to 5GB you could buy a drive (for example) and have
Swap 1GB
/ (Root) 10 GB
/home (as much as poss but at least) 5GB
/mnt/share (Fat32 for sharing) wharevers left

This is just an example of the possibilites

Hope that helps.

P.S: I'm fairly Newb, someone will be along wth a better suggestion soon

Josh