[Nottingham] running processes logged out...

David Wolfson eaxdrw at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Aug 5 12:59:23 BST 2004

First off, cheers for a good talk last night Rob, despite the mushy peas!  You'll be gald to know that my automated backup sent me the daily e-mail to say it hadn't worked as usual this morning.  I think I might send them to the boss instead, then he might do something about it...

After post-talk pub discusions, I've found 'sudo' and will give it a go time allowing.  The other thing you told me about was something to let users processes continue to run once they'd logged out.  I thought you said it was called 'nohub', but when I linux-google that all I seem to get is lots of people explaining how they don't use hubs on their network!  Have I got the wrong thing, or am I just looking in the wrong place?

Cheers again,

Dave