[Nottingham] Jaz drive

David Wolfson eaxdrw at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Aug 12 12:55:47 BST 2004

I'm on the blag.  Sorry.  I've been leant some high speed camera equipment that's a bit of a technological crossbreed.  It outputs data to a scsi jaz drive in a very odd format, that has to be converted to be of any use.  I've managed to *transfer* some of the software to ease this process, but now need to get hold of a Jaz drive to get these files onto my PC (I've been trying to set it up to use some slightly less exotic media, bit it doens't appear to be possilbe).  What I wanted to ask was if anyone has a dusty Jaz drive in a box/cupboard/draw labeled "might be of use one day" that I could borrow?  I've been asking round the deptartment/IT types here with nothing more useful than 'have you tried ebay'.  As I only have the kit for 2 months and I don't think I can claim back for stuff of ebay I hoped it might be worth asking...

Yours hopefully ;-)

Dave

PS I think a couple of mails RE:Ironic server failure got lost.  I can repost them if people want the details of what happened, but the outcome was I got it going again.. thanks for the help