[Nottingham] Kylix - which distro?

Iain Moppett iain.moppett at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Aug 18 16:45:12 BST 2004

Thanks.  Sadly, Kylix has decided to die again! Its happily installed
under Mandrake 10, but when a program is compiled (F9) it just hangs,
and the IDE completely locks up.  The only way out is to kill the
process.  Its not prgram complexity - even displaying a blank form does
the same.

I've tried unistalling and reinstalling Kylix but the problem remains.

There aren't any error messages that I can find.

Any one got any ideas - since my research is based on Delphi, if I can't
get it to work I'll have to go back to BSD world.  I've tried running
Delphi under Wine.  It works, but a) it looks horrible and b) it runs
very slowly.

Many thanks,

Iain