[Nottingham] Solaris

Josh Lock incandescant at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 09:04:51 BST 2004

Greetings all,

I have just got a Solaris 9 box (thanks Richard) so am looking for
some websites that other Solaris users visit.

The sort of things I am looking for are:

Free/Open Source Software packages for Solaris
(already found http://www.sunfreeware.com/)

Newbie/FAQ sites to help me get all the stuff I want up and running

Also I am hoping to use the box as a server so any tips/software etc
for protecting it from nasties on the WWW would be greatfully
accepted.

Only used Solaris for about 5 mins so far, I'm a total newb.

Thanks in advance

Josh