[Nottingham] Social This Wed

James Green jkg at jimbo.org.uk
Sun Aug 29 20:05:00 BST 2004

On Sun, Aug 29, 2004 at 07:45:41PM +0100, Martin wrote:

> And then again... There must be other cheap beer venues around the
> city... Ideas? For debate?

Wouldn't it be great if there was some kind of geek-run, freely editable
online guide to Nottingham? Better yet, it could include metadata which
allowed you to (for instance) search for all pubs within 500 metres of a
given venue, and all the content could be under some suitable
copy-left-ish licence. It could even (since this _is_ a LUG list, after
all) run on a Linux server, using Apache, mysql and perl.

When I get back to Nottingham next month, I'm going to make a serious
attempt at writing more content for it, but for now, here it is:
<http://www.nottinghamguide.org.uk/>

James. Completely lacking in shame today :)
--
jkg((-.+)?@(|the\.)earth.li|@(jimbo|wonky)\.org\.uk|03u at cs\.nott\.ac\.uk)
He that is giddy thinks the world turns round.