[Nottingham] Which distribution?

David Wolfson eaxdrw at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Dec 2 14:48:06 GMT 2004

I'm now running three dual boot boxes a little like this (If I'd not been at a christmas do last night I'd have bought them along to see the cringes at what I'd done wrong!). They're all RedHat 9 and WinXP (that was a real job on the HP laptop!) and have a fat32 'data' partition for stuff I want to share.  As I say, I have a feeling that they're not elegant, but they work!

I borrowed a newish partition magic to do these, and except for a nasty moment when I killed grub on one of them, all went well. Today is a rare day when I'm in windows, but nothing quite matches up to excel :-(

Dave