[Nottingham] Meeting TODAY 15/12/2004

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Thu Dec 16 00:48:29 GMT 2004

Martin Garton wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Dec 2004, Martin wrote:
>
>>Next meeting is a good ole STONKIN' curry at:
>>
>>The Cottage Balti on George St (Lower Parliament St end)
>>
>>Meet at The New Market nearby. I'll be there for 7:10pm. And thence onto
>>the Indian at 7:30pm.
>

> See you there later. Its still up as the perl talk on the web however.

And indeed you were seen later...

(The Perl has been delayed by the Christmas rush.)

OK, so I got the pub right, and the Indian slightly two streets away
from where it has always been on Heathcoat Street...

See:
http://www.thebaltihouse.com
where the food and service was indeed good and the Kingfisher was
exceedingly fizzy.

Thence was continued a warm welcome and various pints and discussions at
The New Market Inn:
http://www.touchnottingham.com/comdir/cditem.cfm/12734

A few pints later and Rob was seen to be suffering a little and
considering whether to reenact some of his colourful past to tactically
  enable certain space saving features for more beer... (:-P)

Certain others eventually wobbled off to whatever busses (hic!).

 From a few discussions:

Next event is the first social/meal of 2005 at Capocci:
http://nottingham.lug.org.uk/directions/Capocci.html
on Wed 05/01/2005

Next is likely a hardware hack/ Newbie friendly get linux systems
working and lan fest at a new home in Sherwood on Wed 19/01/2005.
(To be confirmed.)

Thence, whatever else we might want.

A Merry and Happy Christmas to all.

Keep hacking,