[Nottingham] <OT> Cheap but reliable web host

Simon flibble at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 18:31:07 GMT 2004

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 11:38:39 +0000, Michael Erskine <msemtd at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On Wednesday 15 December 2004 09:50, Joshua Lock wrote:
> > Greetings all,
> >
> > I'm looking to move my website off NTL Home onto a virtual server with
> > PHP, pop email etc and was wondering if you guys could make any
> > recommendations?
> >
> > I'm looking to spend about £30 a year (+domain).
>
> I'm in a similar boat and was looking at http://www.ardenthosting.com/ from
> $1.99/month.

I'd say from experience to stick with UK hosts if you are looking for
budget hosting. Lots of 'companies' spring up that are doing nothing
more than reselling space they've got from other companies, and a lot
of these end up going bust.

I stand by my reccomendation for Hosting Unlimited. They have never
let anyone I know down, and they always make sure they let customers
know about any planned maintenence and they make sure backup servers
are running 100% of the time. Plus you can pay using standard UK
payment methods.

Simon