[Nottingham] Shell programming

Roger Light roger.light at nottingham.ac.uk
Fri Dec 17 14:54:07 GMT 2004

Hi guys,

I want a generic shell programming book for my lab here at work. A bit
of sed/awk, anything else useful. Can anybody recommend something? I
don't just want the sed/awk book from O'Reilly :)

On a related note - are there any commands you use that are very useful
but might not be well known? I'm sure there must be things I haven't
come across that are really handy. I remember when I hadn't heard of tee
for instance...

Cheers and have a good Christmas,

Roger