[Nottingham] Best distribution with apt for a newbie?

James Dobson dob_3001 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Feb 1 18:42:50 GMT 2004

>>Why not use Debian? :)

I never laughed so much!!

No offense to Debian lovers but I really have had some
of the worse install moments with Debian.

We all have our favourate distro's mines redhat,
Debian used to be better in terms of package
installation ease (apt-get) but in the new redhat
releases you can now up2date -i PACKAGE and all the
interdependicies are sorted out...

Redhat's RHN access is around £25-35 a year and you
can move entitlements from one machine to another, so
why not cough up a little money to support a good
distro?

James D