[Nottingham] config.sub manufacture not recognised

David Wolfson eaxdrw at nottingham.ac.uk
Fri Feb 6 15:03:59 GMT 2004

Thanks guys!  Not only is this now working, but I think I've learnt more linux basics, and found out that I'm not the only user round here!

Dave

On Fri, 2004-02-06 at 12:11, David Wolfson wrote:
> script that uses wget to retrieve the files, but the network here
> uses a proxy server, so when ever I try to retive a page outside
> the local intranet all I get is the proxy page.
>
> So far I've not been able to configure wget to overcome this, but

What have you tried to configure wget? It uses the $http_proxy
environment variable, expressed in URL format

$ setenv http_proxy http://cache.mydomain.blah:3128/
$ wget http://java.sun.com/

--
James Beckett <jmb at hackery.net>