[Nottingham] Meeting, 18th February

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Mon Feb 23 14:41:30 GMT 2004

Ian Leitch wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-02-17 at 12:17, Duncan John Fyfe wrote:
>
>>A reminder to all who care.
>>We have our first attempt at a mid-month meeting tomorrow (18th February)
>>
>>With the recent release of KDE 3.2 we've wheeled out our very own pet KDE developer
>>Charles Samuels to tell us all about:
>>	'KDE 3.2, The Latest and Greatest'
>>
>>After wards we will, as usual, retire to the pub tp contemplate qwhat we have just learned.
>>
>>Further details can be found at http://www.nottingham.lug.org.uk
>

> I'm gonna try attend *gasp* Look for a lost tall skinny person :)

Well folks, I think we had a good session... We even had more than one
skinny person turn up...

Watching all the rather lost people trying to decipher the random
numbers along the road to our venue, perhaps we need a prominent penguin
staked out outside the door next time.

Thanks again to Alex for our venue.

Once inside, Charles gave a good run through of KDE's new features, old
features that now work, and enthusiasm for a consistent interface. And
KDE (3.2.???) didn't even hint at trying to crash despite the laptop
blowing steam at times. Looked good also.

Qt and GTK were mentioned...

And later, the Abbott Ale proved to be stronger than expected (or I'm
just a half-pint).

Next...
A La Tasca social:

http://www.nottingham.lug.org.uk/2004-calendar.html