[Nottingham] 2004 Calendar Uploaded

Duncan John Fyfe djf at star.le.ac.uk
Sat Jan 3 23:10:32 GMT 2004

Hello People of the LUG,

I've finally got the 2004 calendar uploaded to the web site.

Have a look for details of Revolution OS - yes we are showing it !

Noteworthy notes in no particular order are:

1. We are going to try 2 events per month for a bit to see if we can squeeze more
interesting things into the coming year.

2. With the exception of January which is always an odd month (kind of like the Monday of the year)
I've kept a regular social every 2 months and wrapped everything else around them.  Discuss.

3. Things are set (as much as can be) up to the end of February after which they start to become
hazey eg. I cannot guarentee events will be at Alex's or availability of speakers on those dates (yet)
so things may change.

4. We have space for more of you lovely people to come forth and enlighten us on matters Linux and Free/Open/Cheesey software.

5. I've penciled in a LAN party for November.  This will take a bit of work to get organized help will be required (finding suitable venues, getting sponsors for prizes etc - the more people do the more fun we can have).

6. I'd like to squeeze an 'AGM' in somewhen.

7. Work is in progress wrt revamping the Web site so watch that space.

Have fun,
Duncan

--
Duncan John Fyfe          X-ray Astronomy Group,
                          Dept. of Physics & Astronomy,