[Nottingham] Multi Boot

Paul Sladen notlug at paul.sladen.org
Wed Jan 7 14:39:54 GMT 2004

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, Joe Wrigley wrote:
> have you tried gentoo?

If you didn't strip the attributions off in your mail client, you'd have
noticed that David also said:

] On 6 Jan 2004, David Bean wrote:
] > Sorry, the point was I have limited time and bandwidth for them all...
                                ^^^^^^^^^^^^
I think the limited-time-thing is perhaps where Gentoo falls down!  ;-)

David:  One on the *BSD's is definitely worth trying, I think FreeBSD seems
to be the more popular of them.  In addition, although Solaris x86 is
proprietary, it is worth having a play with to get used to its brain-dead
methods of setting up network interfaces and the like...

Of course, then there was the guy who decided to run 55 operating-systems on
one machine, maybe you can find inspiration there:

  http://www.kernelthread.com/mac/vpc/

	-Paul
--
War is inconsistent with Truth.  London, GB