[Nottingham] a little more libel and 'allegedly' ... long again (sorry)

Michael Leuty mike at leuty.net
Sun Jan 11 15:41:09 GMT 2004

On Sun, 2004-01-11 at 15:16, Matt Hurst wrote:
> Now it's become a common misconception that if you say
> 'allegedly', you can't be sued, misused for comic purposes by people who
> haven't Hislop's painfully acquired knowledge of the law of libel.

Thank you for your clear and interesting exposition. A posting to keep,
I think.

Can I also just mention that recently I (allegedly) wrote an article on
FLOSS for my parish mag, which ipso facto now appears on the church
website. (I originally wrote the site using FrontPage, mea maxima culpa,
but it is now maintained using Bluefish which may yet get me some time
off Purgatory.)

Anyway, if anyone would like to read the article and check that I
haven't said anything wrong (or even libellous) I should be most
grateful.
http://www.stpetersnottingham.org/misc/floss.html
--
Michael Leuty <mike at leuty.net>