[Nottingham] Linux for the masses

Shaun Turner - Footwerkpacific Limited shaun.turner at footwerkpacific.com
Mon Jan 12 14:08:43 GMT 2004

Hi all!

Happy New Year and all that.

I am trying to encourage more people to use Linux and OpenOffice etc. (as we
all are I am sure!) and I was wondering if any of you have written a "What
is this Linux thing and how does it al work" type documents in plain
non-technical language as we would like to put some documents about Linux on
a new website we have set up.

Sorry if this is kind of non-technical.

I'll be at the RevolutionOS shindig if anyone wants to chat about it.

Regards

Shaun

Footwerkpacific Limited
Intranet, Internet and Information Management solutions
[A]   DBH House
      Carlton Square
      Nottingham
      NG4 3BP
[T]   0115 9408678
[E]   info at footwerkpacific.com
[W]   www.footwerkpacific.com
[C]   ICQ#: 215969891
www.myvoicemyvote.com
"Giving people a voice...."
www.deliverthis.com
"Greetings cards that say what you feel"

The content of this e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential. If you are
not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of
the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to
anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the
sender and postmaster at footwerkpacific.com by reply email.  Please
note that in such circumstances any review dissemination, disclosure,
alteration, printing, copying or further transmission of this e-mail and/or
any file transmitted with it is prohibited and may be unlawful. Please
advise us immediately if you or your employer do not consent to Internet
email for messages of this kind. The opinions, conclusions and other
information in this message are of the author and shall be understood as
neither given nor endorsed by Footwerkpacific Limited unless it is otherwise
indicated by an authorised representative independent of this message.

Internet e-mail is transmitted via the public internet over which
Footwerkpacific Limited has no control.

As such, there is no guarantee that:
(1) this e-mail will be delivered within a reasonable time or at all
(2) this e-mail comes from the purported sender
(3) this e-mail has not been intercepted by a third party
(4) the contents of this e-mail are unaltered from the time of transmission.

No warranties or assurances are made in relation to the safety and content
of this E-mail or any attachments. No liability is accepted for any
consequences arising from it. This message has been processed by an
automated anti-virus system; however it is the responsibility of the
recipient to ensure that the message (and attachments) are safe and
authorised for use in their environment. Whilst reasonable precautions
have been taken to ensure that this message and any attachments are free
from viruses or other malicious code, no guarantee is implied or given.