[Nottingham] Shared filesystem

Rob Andrews rob at impure.org.uk
Thu Jan 29 06:52:33 GMT 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-28 at 22:37, Joe Wrigley wrote:
> I want the permissions maintained within Linux, since I basically just
> want my home directory accessible from Windows. I mostly use Linux, but
> I occasionally want to access the same files from Windows.

One of the things UMS tells you is that you should not touch the
contents of that directory under anything else than Linux. Additionally
it uses it's own filename -> 8.3 mapping which means you won't see the
same filenames under Windows.

It's not really fit for purpose.

--
rob 'nine' andrews                 <e> rob at impure.org.uk <pgp> 8bb5c71e
"we're not here because we're free, we're here because we're not free."