[Nottingham] These Torrent still CD image things

Paul Sladen notlug at paul.sladen.org
Mon Jul 12 20:58:39 BST 2004

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004, Tony Shaw wrote:

Hello Tony,

> Can anyone tell me if there is a way to convert Torrent CD images to ISO

I'm unsure what you're meaning.  I believe BitTorrent is a program for
downloading files in a distributed manner.  It doesn't know, or care,
anything about the contents of the file.

> As I keep getting them in my search list within LimeWire (the P2P
> network utility). Thank's

If you're wondering how to use BitTorrent, a good place to start is here:

  http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/

A quick synopsis is:

  1. Download the `.torrent' files with wget, Mozilla, etc.
  2. Give the file to `bittorrent' on the command line which
     will then download the full file(s) from the information contained in
     the `.torrent' information file.

Hope that helps,

	-Paul
--
Is there no safe way to travel?  London, GB