[Nottingham] Mail2news gates...

Edam edam at waxworlds.org
Wed Jul 21 13:10:00 BST 2004

Hello there!

I've been quietly listening to your conversations for a while now. Lurking,
you might say. All the messages come in to our server where a perl-script
(mail2news.pl) posts them into a newsgroup. From here I would have your
ramblings neatly catagorised and threaded for my convenience, except that it
doesn't work propperly.

Messages arn't being threaded correctly! When I first got hold of the
script, all replies to a thread were posted as replies to the original
thread-starting message (if they were posted as replies atall!). After some
serious rewriting, it's a bit better, but I still get messages appearing as
replies to messages that should come after, and separate threads where there
should be only one! It's either an issue with Outlook Express' threading
ability, or the script (which is mostly rewritten now) is broke.

Lets face it - it could be either! So, would anyone be able to recomend a
decent mail-to-news script to save me having to delve deeper into
"References:" and "In-reply-to:" headers?  :o)

--
  Edam (Wax Worlds) - www.waxworlds.org/edam