[Nottingham] cfv: Thursday evening in The Last Post, Beeston

David Aldred laptop at familyaldred.org.uk
Wed Jul 28 17:37:32 BST 2004

In message <4107C1CC.2030801 at ml1.co.uk>, Martin <martin at ml1.co.uk>
writes:
>David Aldred wrote:
>> In message <4107A2A9.2030208 at ml1.co.uk>, Martin <martin at ml1.co.uk> writes:
>>
>>> Folks,
>>>
>>> I propose a chin-wag in The Last Post, Beeston, 9pm this Thursday
>>>(ie  tomorrow).
>[...]
>>>
>>> Anyone interested?
>>  I should be there.  Is that *my* Mandrake fun we're talking about?
>

>Yes, should save a few GBytes on the mail list.
>
>Also /my/ disks. They may need passing onwards to another newbie if
>they are going to turn up.

I'll bring them along - 'twas but the work of but a quarter of an hour's
frenzied searching to find where Peter had put them!

On the subject of disks: anyone obliging with broadband coming? Mandrake
comes with KDE 3.2; there's a later version which (among other things)
sorts out a bug in kwifimanager.  But it's a *big* download for those of
us still on dial-up: the mandrake packages are about 363Mb.  If anyone
could bring it on CD it would be great!

--
|\avid Aldred   / David at familyaldred.org.uk  \   Nottingham, England