[Nottingham] Broadband Bullwell

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Thu Jul 29 15:44:18 BST 2004

Josh Lock wrote:
[...]
> I have poor netiquette I know. I actually expected to be brought up on
> it sooner :)

Common sense, cut the crap, cut out any other crap. Keep off waffling.

(Keep off the CAPS key or Godfrey will slay you asunder (;-))

[...]
> So let me see if I understand you correctly, I get 11Gb every 14 days?
> I wonder how many other people will be using the same line?

No.

You get a black mark if you go over 1GByte downloaded in one day. More
than 3 black marks in any rolling 14 day period and you might get contacted.

I've downloaded 5GBytes of iso on occasion and never been contacted. NTL
seem to be 'reasonable' about it to maintain shared service for all.

I've been on NTL for a few years now. No problems, it just works.
Occasional minor niggle with them duplicating mail recently while
they've been rearranging their networks.

Only needed their tech support once to set up a password. Long
multi-level press whatever options before finally getting to a
surprisingly helpful human.

They don't 'support' linux. However, Mandrake auto detects across the
ethernet <-> modem link and works well.

See:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips/index.html
http://www.ntl-isp.ntl.com/ServiceStatus/

for all you might ever want to know NTL broadband.

I'm strongly anti-BT after suffering 6 months of incredible belligerence
and time wasting by them...

NTL just simply works (for me at least).

Good luck,

martin at ml1.co.uk