[Nottingham] distro chance

Simon Osborne flibblesan at coconutsmusume.co.uk
Mon Jun 7 01:27:08 BST 2004

Michael Leuty wrote:
> On Sunday 06 Jun 2004 22:58, danny wrote:
>
>>The things i liked about drake were easy download and instilation of
>>packages through the urpmi command
>>Easy enough to fix when system goes kaboom
>>Which other distros offer similar advantages?
>

> I like Fedora (Core 2).

I like Fedora Core 2 also. It's very up to date and new packages are
released very often.

My biggest problem however is my piece of c--p winmodem doesn't work
with 2.6 kernels, so I can't use the internet from within Linux. Looks
like I'll have to get a cheap external modem...

Cheers,
Simon
--
Fedora Core 2. "They can take away our hard drives, but they'll never
take away our freedom!"

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0423-3, 06-06-2004
Tested on: 6/7/2004 1:26:40 AM