[Nottingham] distro chance

Simon Huggins huggie at earth.li
Mon Jun 7 12:30:34 BST 2004

On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 09:12:52PM +1000, Andrew Mason wrote:
> > Personally, I'd take a look at Gentoo. It's certainly my favourite, although
> > it'd possibly be even better with precompiled binaries as well.
> Yes it would =)

But then you'd lose out on the only advantage it has.  I never bought
the optimising for your processor advantage personally but the
optimising by compiling out/in stuff might be useful.

Still not useful enough for me that I'm prepared to spend my life
compiling things but then I'm a Debian bigot as you all know.

--
----------(  "Well, I'd better go and have a word with the   )----------
----------(    guests.  Why don't you have another vat of    )----------