[Nottingham] Two Questions

James Dobson dob_3001 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 10 17:32:03 BST 2004

1) I've been thinking about joining the mandrake
user's club as a silver memeber..

Can anyone either suggest why I shouldn't or should do
this! I love mandrake but I'm not sure if becoming a
member will give me anything other than supporting a
distro with money (which is not a bad thing)?

2) MythTV -

Has anyone ever got this working with a remote control
on a haulpage pvr 350... (I'm using mandrake 10.0
community and the rpm's are broken).

I'm considering trying from source but due to the many
different parts to mythtv it would be so much easier
to install from rpm..

I've found loads of docs on the web but in most cases
either my pvr 350 does not work or the remote lirc
drivers never work.

Does the 'pay-for' mandrake give you a mythtv that
works!!??

James D