[Nottingham] Two Questions

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Thu Jun 10 17:54:24 BST 2004

Michael Leuty wrote:
> On Thursday 10 Jun 2004 17:31, James Dobson wrote:
>
>>1) I've been thinking about joining the mandrake
>>user's club as a silver memeber..
>>Can anyone either suggest why I shouldn't or should do
>>this! I love mandrake but I'm not sure if becoming a
>>member will give me anything other than supporting a
>>distro with money (which is not a bad thing)?
[...]
> Supporting the distro is a very good reason for membership. You also get
> priority for new releases, which are made available to members before the
> hoi polloi. There are (supposedly) special secret and fast FTP mirrors for
> downloading. You get the latest RPM packages. And you can download the
> retail version of the distro which has all the commercial stuff like
> RealAudio and Java set up for you.

Follow your conscience.

I consider it a good idea and cheap compared to commercial offerings.
The small perks outlined above are a nice bonus. Having the 'private'
list of mirrors can be useful. You also get member access to various forums.

 From what I've seen, the Mandrake team are very hard working giving
good results and deserve all the support they can get.

Regards,

martin at ml1.co.uk