[Nottingham] Infopoint (Computer fairs)

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Sun Jun 13 22:31:37 BST 2004

Martin wrote:
[...]
> Meanwhile, that's it, we're on for the show!
>
> I've committed us for:
>
> Nottingham
> Harvey Hadden Sports Centre, Wigman Rd, Bilborough.
> Event by Northern Computer Markets    Sun 4th July 2004
>
> and this is confirmed by Jono.

Folks,

Info & notes for discussion for when we next meet (this Wed):

###
Well I have just done my first Infopoint at Wolverhampton with Jono,
David, Kat, Adam and Mo of Wolves LUG, it was interesting to see the
(high) level of interest that we got from the attendees..

What was apparent was the need for some suitable resources.  A list that
I built up as we went along was:

1/ Plenty of CD's
I suspect you could give away as many CDs as you take/burn.  We had
Knoppix but it became apparent that it would have been worth having some
Smoothwall Express CDs as well.

2/ A rolling presentation (OpenOffice Impress?) on what Linux is, what
it can do etc. about 2 minutes.

3/ A flyer for your local LUG. I have emailed an OOo document for this
to Jono.  (1/3 A4)

4/ A FAQ sheet on linux with expanded information from the presentation.
1 side of A4 should do.
###

See also:
http://mailman.lug.org.uk/pipermail/infopoint/2004-May/000068.html

###
Just returned from the bradford infopoint many many knoppix cd's given
out. A number of people mention they might come to future WYLUG meetings
and requested more newbie talks.   Many thanks to James Holden for the
posters pens etc, also thanks to Darshan for helping out on the day.
Heres some  pictures taken warning large and dark jpgs ahead
http://www.ricbruce.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/athlonxp/P6130001.jpg
http://www.ricbruce.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/athlonxp/P6130002.jpg
http://www.ricbruce.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/athlonxp/P6130003.jpg
http://www.ricbruce.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/athlonxp/P6130004.jpg