[Nottingham] port problem

dalkus danny at rootshell.be
Sat Jun 26 11:34:39 BST 2004

> Umm... I might be being dumb here, but if you opened ports 50000-50004
> and then nmapped 30000-30004 you'd find a slight misalignment.
sorry my bad, im tired, i opened the ports 30000-30004 :)

> you offer a DCC transfer to someone
> they initiate a connection back to $port
> your IRC client is expecting that, so opens the port up and gets on with
> it.
oh, well...sending still dosnt work, does anyone know what else could be
blocking it?

> I googled too. The thread including
> http://mail.nl.linux.org/xchat-discuss/2002-06/msg00103.html seems like
> it might help you out.
that was what i was doing, pretty much to the letter. The ports are forwared
correctly, xchat is configured correctly...i cant think why i cant send.

any other ideas?