[Nottingham] NLUG Computer Fair Stall THIS SUNDAY 4th July

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Tue Jun 29 11:20:21 BST 2004

Folks,

In true NLUG linux last-moment-panic stuff style, its time to get
something organised for this Sunday.

All those that expressed an interest or otherwise wish to help, please
email me directly. I'll cc email all those interested offlist for arranging.

So what we doin'?!

My first plans are to roll up there at 9am, see what stall we've been
given, set up two machines (one for games, one for more serious apps &
show-off stuff), and have some 'live distro' to hand out.

1: What machines?

2: What live distro?
(If we each zap 10 disks beforehand, and have a cd writer there, I think
we should survive the day.)

3: I'm also happy to provide transport as needed.

4: I've so far flunked on the posters... (:-(( I'm thinking of just
having TUX and some example desktops printed out. (NTL to the rescue? (;-))

I can b/w laser print some A4s...

"NLUG is Nottingham Linux Users Group"
"Enjoy freedom and your computer with Linux"
"OS? What's that?! To most people, 'Operating System' is unknown & strange."
"Fly with the Penguin and Linux"
"Linux is Kool & Klear"

Any others? Alternatives??

The venue:

http://www.computermarkets.co.uk/
###
Harvey Hadden Sports Centre
Wigman Rd, Bilborough

Situated in Bilborough close to junction 26 of the M1. Harvey Hadden is
the largest sports centre in Nottingham and has ample free parking with
excellent facilities. Visited once a month on a Sunday the show is
supported by local and national companies. The Harvey Hadden show has
built a reputation as Nottingham's premier computer markets.

http://uk.multimap.com/p/browse.cgi?pc=NG84PB&GridE=&GridN=&scale=10000&title=NOTTINGHAM&cat=h
###

martin at ml1.co.uk