[Nottingham] html optimiser?

James Gibbon james.gibbon at virgin.net
Fri Mar 12 02:01:34 GMT 2004

David Ginger wrote:
> Without having seen the documents in word that you are trying
> to save... I would suggest saving the document as a text file,
> and reading that with a short PHP script to insert things like
> the <p>paragraphs </p> and so on... I guess it depends on the
> document, but thats my approach.

Well, these are fairly complicated documents with a fair few tables
of different sizes & geometry.  I actually didn't try saving as HTML
from Word, rather I converted it using wv.  It may be that Word is a
bit smarter in that respect, I don't know.

Anyway both weblint & tidy were very useful, and I'll certainly use
them again.  Thanks to all for the suggestions & help.

James