[Nottingham] Upgrading Redhat 9 to Redhat ES

Andy Davidson andyd at lug.org.uk
Wed Mar 17 20:04:53 GMT 2004

On Wednesday, March 17, 2004, at 05:57  pm, Steve Caddy wrote:

> Let us know how it goes... I'm still running RH9, and I'm toying with
> the
> idea of either upgrading or changing distro.

I was at a course recently - at the end the tutor spoke to us about
which version of Red Hat he uses to deliver the course.  He couldn't
make up his mind which version to use on example machines - as the
course covered workstation and server-side content, he could pick from
RHEL AS, RHEL ES, RHEL WS, or Redhat Professional Workstation.  Or of
course, Fedora.

So he's sticking with RH9.

It'd be interesting to see how many other firms are making the same
decision.

Andy

--
Regards, Andy Davidson