[Nottingham] Social This WED 05 MAY - beer, food, beer, linux, people!

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Mon May 3 19:30:26 BST 2004

James Newell wrote:
[...]
> I hope to meet some of you guys on wednesday, But I'm working till
> 6pm, so may be a little late arriving.  Is there any way to guess who
> any of you are, without appearing very suspicious at the bar (or
> wearing a cucumber in my top pocket !!

Hopefully, Duncan will bring along his cute furry penguin that will be
prominently placed somewhere obvious.

For those meeting up in Langtry's, sorry but my only distinguished
feature is short (No. 4) hair and spiky beard (No. 2) (:-O)

> Martin, Thanks for the info... Not sure if I'll eating, but add me to
>  the list anyway ;-)

I'm sure we can always make space if you come along later. Otherwise,
see you in the Roebuck.

> oh, Duncan, I'm sorry if I am top posting, but I dont know what that
> is, and how I can avoid doing it, ... , if someone can tell me how,
> I'll stop it :-)

That sounds vaguely like a scene out of the Hitch-Hikers Guide to the
Galaxy where the lead players are complaining about turning into
penguins and are losing their limbs and they don't know how to stop
it... Anything is possible with in-finite probabilities (;-P))

> see y'all soon hopefully !

Have fun,

martin at ml1.co.uk