[Nottingham] Magazine distros

Martin pazml1 at ntlworld.com
Sat May 8 23:35:50 BST 2004

> From: Michael Leuty <mike at leuty.net>
[...]
> On Sat, 2004-05-01 at 13:10, Martin wrote:
> > Later, I may be 'offline' for 'some time'...
>
> How did the conversion to Mandrake 10.0 go?
>
> (If you're still there, Martin L...)

... Still in progress!

Took less than 30mins to very easily install all the standard stuff (Mandrake 10.0.1 aka "Official"). Far too easy. Autodetected my nVidia graphics card. Fantastic fonts rendering. All looks very good and sweet and smooth. Impressive.

What does take up a lot of time is adding all the old customisations back in. This is the third upgrade now, so I'm taking longer than usual to instead script all the changes. Then hopefully, on the next upgrade, I can do the customisations in less than a second!

... I've also been upgrading a few other folks' machines...

Now to get mine done!!!

(I'm reduced to webmail for the moment, arrrgh. Postfix gets fixed next! (:-((