[Nottingham] Request for the LUG

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Fri May 14 15:33:27 BST 2004

Duncan John Fyfe wrote:
> On 14 May 2004, Michael Simms wrote:
[...]
>>This is mainly aimed at the people that do the organising, but - despite
>>my claims to never want to do it, Id like to nab one of the talk
>>sessions for the LUG so I can bore you all for an hour or so.

So long as the 'bore you all' will be interesting, then yes. Sounds good.

>>Reason being is that Ive been invited to be a guest speaker (eek!) at
>>LWCE in San Francisco this year (Aug 4th to be precise) so I wanna be
[...]

Wow! Can we claim you to be an "International Speaker"?
(:-))

>>Any objections? I was thinking of a slot at the start or middle of july.
>
> Not a problem as far as I can tell , 21st July sound good ?
> I'll make a spot on the calendar when I next get a chance , and yes I'm well
> aware it hasn't been don efor a long time.
>
> I'm up for doing perl part 1 on Wednesday 19th (yes, this Wednesday coming)
> BUT...

Errrrkkk, dates rearrangements...

Sorry, I'm out of the country on 19th, so can't give backup.
My BASH 2 (Scripts) is presently set for 2nd June.
And we also need to insert a 'newbie & open questions' night.

How much interest would there be for a talk on the 2.6 kernel?

And we're long overdue for updating the calendar... (And to check out
the website permissions!)...

Good excuse to meet up for beer this weekend?
(For all/anyone interested.)

martin at ml1.co.uk