[Nottingham] EU Software Patent Legislation: new topic available on new LUG web page.

Carl Ebrey carl at ebrey.net
Fri May 14 18:38:43 BST 2004

On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 06:32:34PM +0100, Michael Whitby wrote:

> sounds like a good plan, personally my inbox is filling up to the brim
> with all this eu software talk. I'm not sayng it should be dsicussed (i
> myself have mailed my MP regarding it), but its a bit off putting when i
> dont have much time to read all my mail when there are 20 new items!

<twopenneth>

With all due respect, there are 4 things you can do in this situation:

1) don't read the posts with the subject line in question until later
(when you do have time to read them all)

2) don't read the posts with the subject line in question at all (the
delete key is your friend yadda yadda)

3) don't read the posts with the subject line in question (and make use
of the delete key) but read the archives instead when you have time.

4) this point intentionally left blank ;)

Seriously though, I don't see how having 20 new mails about a topic in a
particular folder of your email client is any different to having 20
unread posts on a web forum.

</twopenneth>

Carl
--
"Lately, the only thing keeping me from being a serial killer is my
distaste for manual labour" -- Dilbert