[Nottingham] RealPlayer -- real quiet!

Michael Erskine msemtd at yahoo.co.uk
Sat May 15 20:15:27 BST 2004

Yesterday I had to set up the community supported
RealPlayer so I could record Radio4 (my wife was
interviewed on Woman's Hour!) but found that the
volume was ridiculously low. I couldn't find a way to
boost it independently of PCM on my Alsa mixer so I
get a bit of a shock when email arrives and blasts out
a noisy notification over the radio! I found mention
of various low volume issues on the unix realplayer
forums
(http://realforum.real.com/cgi-bin/unixplayer/wwwthreads.pl)
but no solutions.

Has anyone solved this annoyance and got RealPlayer to
play with reasonable volume?

Regards,

Michael.