[Nottingham] Green's Milly

Duncan John Fyfe djf at star.le.ac.uk
Wed May 19 12:35:10 BST 2004

On Wed, 19 May 2004, Simon Osborne wrote:

> Duncan John Fyfe wrote:
>
> > My idea atm is for an awareness day with more emphasis as a 'software showcase' than we had
> > at the last awareness day ie. offer assistance but layout the room better to make it easier
> > and friendlier for people to come in and try the fantastic software on show (whatever that
> > might be).
>
> Games usually get people interested. How about a couple of machines
> linked up with a multiplayer game, UT2004 perhaps (see the surprised
> looks when they find out it's running on Linux).

Been there, done that :)
Lasy year Michael  was demoing NeverWinter nights and probably others I cannot remember while
James ran UT200? with his 21" LCD monitor - it looked so sweet.
FrozenBubble on the other hand got a good response from the younger audience (and their parents).

There have been thoughts along the lines of a Lan Party around November/December.  I'm still
trying to come up with a suitable venue.  Any ideas ?

Have fun,
Duncan

--
Duncan John Fyfe          X-ray Astronomy Group,
                          Dept. of Physics & Astronomy,