[Nottingham] game troubles

danny danny at rootshell.be
Wed May 19 23:41:45 BST 2004

> I might be there too and if I am I'll have a great big Tux Games T-shirt

Hi ive been having some trouble with some games and i figured michael simms
would be the best person to ask, however i thought id ask the whole list just
incase.

When i play most new games (in perticular AmericasArmy and UT2004(demo) they
(almost allways) crash on me. They either just close completly and return me
to my desktop without warning at random points or crash.....so nothing moves
and keyboard input does nothing. When this happens i generally ssh to the
crashed box and kill -9 the pid....but its bloody annoying.

I am running mandrake 9.1 kernel 2.4 and i have a nvidia card which should be
able to handle the games just fine.

any advice on how to stop it? (ill be upgrading to mandrake 10...kernel 2.6
soon and im hoping that may be a solution....but theres no harm in asking)

--
- Danny