[Nottingham] HI-204S GPS USB hardware

mike at csits.net mike at csits.net
Fri May 21 17:17:10 BST 2004

On Thursday 20 May 2004 19:12, Mike Cardwell wrote:
> On Thu, 20 May 2004, Tom Bird wrote:
> > Nice.  Do we get some screen shots?  I'm quite interested in this GPS
> > stuff.
>
> I've just done a couple. The second one is with it actually using gps:
>
> http://www.blubbernet.com/gps/gps1.jpg
> http://www.blubbernet.com/gps/gps2.jpg
>
> It has voice as well so my laptop speaks to me and tells me which way to
> drive. :)

I see you use Navigator too.  How did you get the sound working?  I have
spoken to the guys at directions who have advised me to recompile QT with
support for NAS (that's QT sound support not Network Attached Storage!).
Whereas I am willing to give this a go I would rather find an easier way in
case I trash QT and some minor dependencies like KDE!

Mike.