[Nottingham] Nettiquette and the Nottingham LUG list

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Tue May 25 16:19:19 BST 2004

Godfrey Nix wrote:
> Hi Everyone - listmaster here.
[...]
> We do not want flame wars, ...

Ohh I don't know... The odd one or two can be fun!

They can also clear out a few controversial cobwebs on occasion...

> Make sure your mail system is set correctly to receive LUG messages. If
[...]

MMmm...

Can the list machine be configured to accept a despammed return address?

Or can the archiving be set to despam-munge the addresses?

I suspect this list to be one source of directed email spam I get...

[...]
> increase in publicity. The LUG mailing list has grown with currently
> well in excess of 230 subscribers. Sadly, as activities in the Baha'i
[...]

Phew, that many!

And your new found group should'nt come under 'sadly'. Can they also be
converted to linux?

Next talk is bash scripting on Wed 2004/06/02. Further details soonish.

Regards,

martin at ml1.co.uk