[Nottingham] Re: [lugmaster] Infopoints still available (Computer fairs)

Simon Osborne flibblesan at coconutsmusume.co.uk
Wed May 26 14:53:57 BST 2004

Paul Sladen wrote:
> On Wed, 26 May 2004, Jono Bacon wrote:
>
> A while back Jono Bacon managed to negotiate to have free (beer) stalls at
> various computer fairs such as the ones that are held in Nottingham every
> month or so.
>
> If anyone fancies the perks of chatting to potentials about GNU/Linux or
> fancies the perks of wondering around the computer for free (beer[*] ) and
> the like then people can discuss it and get in touch if you work something
> out or want more information about how to "claim" the free stand.

Sounds very interesting indeed. Infact I was reading about this in the
latest Linux Format. I'd like to help with this but I'm not a Linux
expert or anything, I'm just a regular user who loves his OS, I would be
happy to 'donate' my PC for the day for the purposes of running Knoppix
or something else.

Maybe we could give out copies of the Morphix CD that was given out at
the linux awareness day? I would be happy to burn as many CDs as I can.

Cheers,
Simon
--
Fedora Core 2. "They can take away our hard drives, but they'll never
take away our freedom!"