[Nottingham] Mandrake 10.1 on LF DVD

Michael Leuty mike at leuty.net
Wed Nov 3 20:43:56 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 02 Nov 2004 11:07, Simon Osborne wrote:
> Apparently LF made a mistake and duplicated the wrong DVD.

Looks like a mistake. The DVDs have a little sticker on them saying that
they only contain Mandrake 10.1 and not the other software listed on
the box.

AIUI the extra stuff is available for download on the net, but you
usually have to agree to the licensing first. Paying for the Powerpack
(by buying a box or subscribing to Mandrakeclub) gives you the
convenience of having it all installed automatically.

Meanwhile it is taking me absolutely ages to download the 10.1 Official
Powerpack through bittorrent, with absurdly low download rates. (This
complaint is usually met by many replies advising opening up ports 6881
et seq, but I have got very reasonable bittorrent downloads elsewhere,
notably Fedora.)

--
Michael Leuty
Nottingham, UK