[Nottingham] Re: Outre Manche

David Aldred david at familyaldred.org.uk
Fri Nov 5 18:49:27 GMT 2004

On Friday 05 Nov 2004 13:49, James Gibbon wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 20:49:28 +0000
>
> Michael Leuty <mike at leuty.net> wrote:
> > Some people on this list have been a bit critical of NTL broadband. Is
> > that a general view? The cost of my Pipex 1Mb connection will shortly
> > rise to £33.99 pm when the special offer runs out, so a move to NTL
> > would be tempting if ADSL prices don't drop.
>
> It's great when it works, but if and when it doesn't, and you are at the
> mercy of their appalling so-called "technical support" - God help you.

I'd have to say I don't think I've ever had a major problem with NTL internet,
and I must have been using it for 4-5 years now.

There have bee allegations in some newsgroups that they lose articles, but I
once did a full comparison of what I'd downloaded from text.news.ntlworld.com
against google, and they matched, so I'm inclined to blame other people's
software for that one!  They have got a few newsgroups incorrectly marked as
moderated, though - including alt.fan.pratchett, on which subject I have a
current service complaint ticket running with them.

--
David Aldred