[Nottingham] Awareness Day Part 2

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Sun Nov 7 16:20:14 GMT 2004

Jon Masters wrote:
> Martin wrote:
>
> | The late afternoon remained quiet and gradually morphed into a sociable
> | chinwag and venue for visits by some of the less frequently seen members.

[...]
> I actually used the Press announcement on LWN in my decision to bring
> camera and take some photos for the magazine. Stay tuned.

Was good to see you up here so far away from the Sunny South (:-)).

I'd better add some Day 2 honourable mentions for:

Mr Tux Games' show-stopper demo of incredible video compression for an
old Star Trek episode. Over 30 mins of video and audio in just a few
MBytes. (OK, so not quite full colour, but a lot better than BW!)

Marcel's audacious bribery-by-coffee (a nice change from free beers
(:-)) and his wooden-mallet data squashing exploits by dial-up link (;-O)).

We also finished off the day with a demo by Dave at Green's Mill of
various computer data comms modulation methods as now used by Radio Hams
over their HF bands.

All good fun,

martin at ml1.co.uk