[Nottingham] Slashdot

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Sat Nov 20 00:07:12 GMT 2004

Andy Brown wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Nov 2004, Jon Masters wrote:
>
>> Andy Brown wrote:
>>
>> | I contacted them a while back and got told about the excessive scanning
>> | or whatever (it's a few eeks now, can't remember exactly).
>>
>> Did you mail CowboyNeal directly though?
>
> No, I mailed the address on the page saying the IP address was banned.

I would imagine that a site such as theirs has to be a little sensitive
to the threat of a DDoS attack.

Rather than avoiding the symptoms, perhaps a better solution would be to
attack the cause. Try contacting NTL to chase and block off the culprits.

Better still, perhaps we should show those ignorants/miscreants the
better ways by letting them discover linux?

(:-))

martin at ml1.co.uk