[Nottingham] A meeting suggestion - bring your problem machines

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Tue Oct 5 15:55:52 BST 2004

James Ogley wrote:
> [snip]
>
>>What do folks think?
>

> It'd be a fun first meeting for people like me who've just moved to the
> area (ISTR there were a few of us), and I'd find it interesting to help
> with those pesky problem boxen.

I also think 'tis a good idea.

We have:

####
  01 Dec - Lan Party
Now is the time to make the Party happen!
####

which I think needs rearranging due to lack of any overt interest.

We can try an online Lan Party with multiple parties linked via various
peoples' venues on a Sat evening - Sun am-ish...

SO, a fix-it evening on 01 Dec? Take over our old venue (Duncan?) in
Beeston (easy access and car parking)?

We also have the Awareness Days:
Fri  5 Nov NLUG Linux Awareness Day 1
Sat  6 Nov NLUG Linux Awareness Day 2

so there could be a huddle in one corner for hacking. Car access to
Green's Mill should only be first thing and last thing in the day to
avoid squishing anyone!

This is Open Source: Who votes yea, nay, something different?

martin at ml1.co.uk