[Nottingham] Random words in service sheet shock horror

Michael Erskine msemtd at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 21 10:18:58 BST 2004

On Wednesday 20 October 2004 23:11, Michael Leuty wrote:

> Has anybody else come across this, and is there a fix such as a Bear of
> Very Little Brain might apply?

If this is a twitchy middle-button paste situation it may have happened as the
middle button was inadvertently pressed whilst scrolling. I have owned quite
a few scrolly-mice with wheels that press too easily when just attempting to
get enough grip on the wheel to scroll it (occasionally after getting the
button greasy - eating toast at the workstation with toast crumbs in the
keyboard as well!). I find that a wheel mouse with a good stiff wheel
button-press action works best after eating toast, applying hand cream,
(insert your own (potentially disgusting) thoughts here), etc. And since a
decent mouse is a few quid - its a good investment to keep the hymn sheets
"clean".

I took a quick look under KDE's Control Center for a way of switching off X's
legacy middle mouse button paste. It can surely be done in XF86's config file
but I don't know the construct. Any ideas? I'm assuming that the users are
from a Windows background so they won't really miss it.

Regards,
Michael.

--

"I am not a lawyer"